Sunday, January 19, 2014

Hi everyone, my name is Jane Morrell. I'm from Auburn, Alabama but I go to Troy University. I am hoping to major in print-err, I mean- multi media journalism (because according to many in the Communications department print journalism is dead) and minor in graphic design.

I've never blogged before so you are just going to have to just bear with me here.

I would like to discuss with anyone caring to read this blog at the moment about a topic that many people my age lose sight of, or get the wrong idea about, and that is the concept of pursuing happiness.

"What is happiness?" one might ask me, and I answer in return, "No idea, but its something that everybody wants, including me." The closest thing I can compare it too is a piece of your favorite cake, made to perfection and the moment you taste it, its like the skies open up and golden rays of sunshine fills your heart. Its an awesome piece of chocolate cake.

But how do we get this piece of cake? Thats one of the great mysteries of life my friends. It is not an easy path, and I fear that I'm nowhere near it myself, but I've had a glimpse of it before.

And it, happiness, is what we should really be trying to reach in life more than anything else. Pursuing happiness is the why we are on this planet, why we are alive.

Therefore, I think it deserves a shout out, don't you?

So, for the next few weeks, months, or however long I feel like blogging about it, I'm going to be talking about happiness.

I hope you guys enjoy it!

3 comments:

  1. The lyrics to this song came to mind as soon as I read your blog.
    Music and lyrics by Clark Gesner

    Happiness is finding a pencil.
    Pizza with sausage.
    Telling the time.
    Happiness is learning to whistle.
    Tying your shoe for the very first time.

    Happiness is playing the drum in your own school band.
    And happiness is walking hand in hand.
    Happiness is two kinds of ice cream.
    Knowing a secret.
    Climbing a tree.
    Happiness is five different crayons.
    Catching a firefly.
    Setting him free.

    Happiness is being alone every now and then.
    And happiness is coming home again.
    Happiness is morning and evening,
    Daytime and night time too.
    For happiness is anyone and anything at all
    That’s loved by you.

    Happiness is having a sister.
    Sharing a sandwich.
    Getting along.
    Happiness is singing together when day is through,
    And happiness is those who sing with you.
    Happiness is morning and evening,
    Daytime and nighttime too.
    For happiness is anyone and anything at all
    That’s loved by you.

    From the musical "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" (1967).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so beautiful! I've never seen the Charlie Brown musical, and now I want to watch it! I'm going to print that off and hang it on my wall here at Troy so I can see those inspirational words everyday! Thanks Mrs. Blankenship, you always find the most wonderful things to share!

      Delete